High Quality Service
McCAGUE BORLACK LLP
Our aim is to hire the most talented people with the right balance of dedication, commitment and interpersonal skills to ensure they are a good fit. Are you a fit?
Follow us on twitter for new positions as posted.
McCague Borlack LLP is currently seeking a full-time Application Manager/Trainer to join our Firm’s Administrative Team. This position reports to the Firm Director and interacts with the IT Manager to ensure the application-side of all systems are running smoothly and that all firm members are proactively trained.
The position is based in Toronto; however, the candidate will require a vehicle and valid driver’s license in order to travel to our regional offices as necessary.
This individual will manage all aspects of the firm’s applications and training, including:
- Learn, test, troubleshoot, QA, and assist with the rollout of all new and/or updates to existing software applications within the firm.
- Write comprehensive learning tools, i.e. best practices, tech tips, and reference guides for all software applications.
- Manage the communication, planning, and rollout of all firm training events, including:
- Deliver new-hire software training to all new firm members
- Deliver training for firm-wide rollouts of new or upgraded applications.
- Track, investigate, resolve and respond to Help Desk calls that relate to firm members’ reported issues with software applications.
- Track calls to proactively determine further training required to improve overall understanding of software by firm members to increase operational efficiencies.
- Where required, train lawyers and staff on any one-on-one initiatives for those firm members that don’t respond well to classroom training.
- Manage and track the progress of multiple application implementation/training projects including defining goals & requirements, managing project timelines, coordinating vendors, managing risks, contingency planning, and communication of status.
- Work with Firm Management to establish and document application policies, standards, best practices, change management, and security measures.
- Visit regional offices to roll out training/applications as deemed necessary.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing and delivering training programs for applications in a (preferably legal) professional services environment for both classroom and one-on-one.
- Extensive knowledge of applications, preferably from within a legal environment, including Elite Webview, Microsoft Office, arcs2G, Summation, Payne, client intake, marketing systems, etc...
- Elite and/or 3E experience and/or previous accounting system migration experience would be a definite asset.
- Willingness and ability to learn any new technology acquired by the firm quickly and proficiently.
- Proven ability to provide patient, high-quality client service and to foster relationships at multiple levels.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently, and is just as strong working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, in order to efficiently multi-task in both a system supporting and training role, while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent attention to detail when documenting / troubleshooting application issues, and reporting on progress on firm initiatives.
- A strong command of the English language, including:
- an excellent public speaker and presenter, especially to large groups.
- a strong writer, including easy-to-follow training guides, and reports on project status.
Interested applicants can submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations in confidence, to:
Cindy L. Davies, Firm Director
Please include "Applications Manager/Trainer - WEB ad" in your email subject line, when applying - Thanks!