- Do Parents Know Best? An Update on the Enforceability of Waivers Executed on Behalf of Infants by Peter Vlaar, David J. Olevson and Sabrina Lucibello, First published with Canadian Underwriters Magazine , February 10, 2017
- Combatting Exposure: Utiization of Waivers by Ski Hill and Resort Operators - A Defence Perspective by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, First presented at the Sport Seminar, February 02, 2017
- Real and Substantial Connections and Beyond: Responding to Foreign Lawsuits and Challenging Jurisdiction by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, First presented at a Sports Liability Seminar, November 25, 2015
- Passing the Buck: Risks Willingly Assumed and Liability Apportionment at Resorts by Bogdan Miscevic and David J. Olevson, First presented at a Sports Liability Seminar, November 25, 2015
- The Best Defence is Sometimes Not the Best Offence: the Value of a Well-Drafted Waiver by David J. Olevson, MB Sports, Resorts & Recreational Liability Newsletter, October 27, 2015
- Waiver of Liability vs. Public Policy - Which Takes Precedence? by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, First presented at MB's Sports Law Seminar, May 14, 2015
- Happy Trails: Strategies for reducing a recreational trail occupier's exposure to liability by David J. Olevson and Sean Valentine, First presented at MB's Sports Law Seminar, May 14, 2015
- What is a Motor Vehicle and What Constitutes its use and Operation: An Investigation into Policy Applicability and Coverage by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, First presented at MB's Transportation Law Seminar, April 15, 2015
- Paying For The Future: An Analysis Of Large Awards For Future Care Costs by Catherine A. Korte and David J. Olevson, First presented at an MB Client Seminar, June 10, 2014
- The Legal Implications of Concussions in North American Contact Sports by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, First presented at MB's Sports Liability Seminar, May 30, 2014
- Mother May I? The Effectiveness of Waivers and Permission Forms in Cases of Injured Minor Plaintiffs by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, MB Sports and Recreation Seminar, September 11, 2013
- UPDATE: Liability Waivers by James Tomlinson and David J. Olevson, MB's Sports & Entertainment Newsletter, August 27, 2012
David J. Olevson
A Focus on Insurance Litigation
David practices extensively in civil litigation with an emphasis on insurance defence. Having handled files relating to auto injuries, professional negligence, fraud, and product liability, David is well rounded and praised for his ability to think outside of the box. His attention to detail and ability to effectively articulate himself in court allow him to provide excellent value to his clients.
During law school David was involved with Queen’s Legal Aid and Pro Bono Students Canada, as well as being a member of the executive of multiple law school clubs. This has forced him to hone his time management skills.
When not in the office, David loves to travel. His recent travels have taken him to Europe, Asia, Iceland, Australia and New Zealand.