- Fans Beware: The Risks of Watching Your Favourite Athletes by James Tomlinson and Garett Harper, First presented at the Sport Seminar, February 02, 2017
- Featured Case Study: Raho Mohamud v. Old Republic Insurance Company by Garett Harper, First sent by MB Client Newsletter, December 12, 2016
- The Mechanics of the Duty to Defend by Garett Harper and Aryeh Samuel, September 15, 2016
- Waivers Gain Additional "Armor" in the Defence of Personal Injury Litigation by Garett Harper, April 25, 2016
- Utilizing New Medical Technology in Today's Litigation by James Tomlinson and Garett Harper, First presented at MB's Transportation Law Seminar, April 07, 2016
- Transportation Case Law Updates by Garett Harper and Anthony Gatensby, First presented at MB's Transportation Seminar, November 30, 2015
- Fans: Enter at Your Own Risk by James Tomlinson, Sabrina Lucibello, Garett Harper and Aryeh Samuel, First presented at a Sports Liability Seminar, November 25, 2015
- Case Commentary: Trimmeliti v. Blue Mountain Resorts Ltd. by Garett Harper, MB Sports, Resorts & Recreational Liability Newsletter, October 27, 2015
- Know your limits! Contributory Negligence in a sport and recreation context by James Tomlinson and Garett Harper, First presented at MB's Sports Law Seminar, May 14, 2015
- Discovering Potential Third Parties in Motor Vehicle Accident Claims: Who Should We Consider? by James Tomlinson and Garett Harper, First presented at MB's Transportation Law Seminar, April 15, 2015
- Off the Beaten Path: Occupiers and Trail Liability in Ontario by Garett Harper, First presented at MB's Transportation Law Seminar, April 15, 2015
A Focus on Insurance Defence
Garett practices civil litigation with an emphasis on insurance defence. His broad practice focuses on transportation law, sport law, and personal injury. Garett has participated on complex litigation files with subject matter ranging from motor vehicle accidents to professional liability at all stages of the litigation process including examinations for discovery, mediations, pre-trial preparation and trial preparation.
While at University, Garett performed as a Case Worker and a Case Manager at the Sport Solution Clinic providing legal services for Canada's national athletes and representing their interests on a national and international scale.
Also at Western, Garett had samples of his work published in the World Sport Law Report, the International Sports Law Review, and the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada's newsletter "In the Neutral Zone". He also contributed to publications "Canadian Commercial Reorganizations: Avoiding Bankruptcy" and "Secured Transactions in Personal Property in Canada (2nd Ed.)".
When away from the office, Garett enjoys participating in (or watching) sports especially football and hockey (and is an avid Detroit Red Wings fan), or he can be found relaxing at his family cottage.