- Third-Party Litigation Funding in Canada by Howard Borlack and Ben Carino, First published in Corporate Disputes April-June Edition 2015, February 02, 2016
- Cyber and Privacy Risks: Class Action Exposurers by Howard Borlack and Laurie Murphy, First presented at an MB Client Seminar, September 24, 2014
- Perspectives on Privacy by Howard Borlack, First published in the Canadian Insurance Top Broker Magazine Feb 2014, February 27, 2014
- Professional Liability and the Financial Advisor by Howard Borlack and Laurie Murphy, Ontario Bar Association, February 16, 2010
- E-Discovery: Overview and Latest Developments in Ontario and Canada by Howard Borlack and Laurie Murphy, Harmonie & CLC Seminar, August 31, 2007
A Founding Partner of the Firm
A founding partner of McCague Borlack LLP, Howard has been lead counsel on many of its most significant cases. Howard is best known for his ability to handle all types of complex civil litigation where he will find a creative solution to resolve the case or, if necessary, he will take the matter to trial. He has appeared before all levels of courts including the Supreme Court of Canada and has also represented our clients before many tribunals.
Many significant cases Howard handled include major restructurings in Canada, as well as, cases involving the successful recovery of millions of dollars for insurers in subrogation claims, including shareholder fraud, environmental contamination or, construction defects.
Howard has acted on behalf of most major Canadian insurers and reinsurers and has represented and been a special advisor to a number of Boards of Directors and Directors in their personal capacity.