- Caution! This pool is unsupervised! Resort liability of unsupervised facilities by James Tomlinson, Matthew Fish and Megan Mutcheson, First presented at MB's Ski Hill Liability Seminar, March 20, 2013
- Risky Business: Managing the potential liability of high risk sports facilities: Waivers & Vicarious Liability by James Tomlinson, First presented at MB's Ski Hill Liability Seminar, March 20, 2013
- Occupiers' Liability and Sports Fans: Legal Implications and Risk Management Strategies for Sports and Entertainment Facility Operators by James Tomlinson, Adrian Nicolini and Megan Mutcheson, First presented at MB's Sports Law Seminar , September 26, 2012
- UPDATE: Liability Waivers by Adrian Nicolini and James Tomlinson, MB's Sports & Entertainment Newsletter, August 27, 2012
- Concussions and Injuries in Canadian and American Contact Sports: A Legal Perspective by Adrian Nicolini, James Tomlinson and Stefanie Vescio, First presented at a Sports Law Seminar, March 28, 2012
- The use of no-fault reports by a tort defendant: Beasley revisited, one year later by James Tomlinson, Adrian Nicolini and Samantha Share, MB Transportation Practice Group Seminar, November 09, 2011
- Ski Resort Liability by James Tomlinson and Adrian Nicolini, Presented a Sports Liability Seminar, March 02, 2011
- The Use of No-Fault Reports by a Tort Defendant by Adrian Nicolini and James Tomlinson, First presented at a Transportation Law Seminar, September 22, 2010
A Focus on Insurance Litigation
Jim specializes in insurance litigation, and acts for a number of Canadian, American, and European insurers. He has an extensive practice in all general casualty lines of business, and particular expertise in serious bodily injury claims involving multiple fatalities, serious brain injury, and/or paraplegia. This frequently involves over-limits claims and interpretations of excess and umbrella policy wordings.
Jim also focuses on professional liability issues and product liability claims. He has represented insurers and their insureds at all levels of the civil courts in Ontario. In addition, he has extensive experience in all forms of alternative dispute resolution.