- The Benefits of Employment Liability Practices Coverage: Civil Case Studies by Martin Smith, First presented at an Employment Practices Liability Seminar, December 10, 2015
- Termination Provisions and Employment Contracts: The New Order by Martin Smith, First Published in an MB Employment Law Seminar, November 09, 2015
- Probationary Employees: Employers' Termination Rights and Restrictions by Martin Smith, First Published in an MB Employment Law Seminar, November 06, 2015
- Pet Problems: Avenues for Landlords to Deal with Problem Pets by Martin Smith, First presented at a Landlords Association of Durham Meeting, March 12, 2015
- The Dubious Status of Henson Trusts by Desneiges Mitchell and Martin Smith, First presented at an MB Client Seminar, June 09, 2014
- The Top 5 Tort Cases of the Preceding Year and Ever Increasing Damage Awards and the Future Care Case Law by Martin Smith and Desneiges Mitchell, September 13, 2013
- Five Years Later: The Application of the Human Rights Code Today by Martin Smith and Desneiges Mitchell, First presented at MB's Employment Law Seminar, April 09, 2013
- Sports Camp/Clinic Liability by Martin Smith and Sabrina Lucibello, First presented at a Sports Liability Seminar, March 02, 2011
Managing Partner - Ottawa Office
Chair of the Firm's Employment Law Practice Group
Martin is the managing partner of the firm’s Ottawa office, which was launched in September 2012.
Martin exclusively practices civil litigation, specializing in the areas of employment law, human rights, professional liability, and insurance law. He also represents both employee and employer clients and professional clients practicing in areas such as veterinary medicine and chiropractic care.
As well, Martin practices in the areas of occupiers’ liability for insurers, municipal clients and clients with self-insured retentions. He also regularly defends equestrian riding operations in addition to regularly assisting insurers in advancing subrogated claims.
He has appeared before the Ontario Labour Board, the Canadian Industrial Relations Board, the Ontario Health Professions Board, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, and the Ontario Court of Appeal.