NEW YEAR, NEW JOB?
We are accepting résumés for talented Legal Assistants
Toronto, Ottawa & Kitchener Office - Junior and Intermediate Litigation Legal Assistants
You will be responsible for a number of daily responsibilities, including:
• Drafting correspondence and other legal documents as required
• Keep an up-to-date filing system
• Schedule discoveries, mediations, and other important dates
• Managing calendar appointments
• Digital dictation
• Prepare files to be sent to storage for closing
• Communicate with opposing counsel, clients and the court
• Maintain the utmost professionalism when speaking to clients and opposing counsel
• Other duties as requested
The successful candidate will have the following:
• experience working in a law firm in a similar role,
• Must have post secondary education in a related field,
• Priority will be given to those with insurance defence experience, although everyone is encouraged to apply,
• Experience using Elite would be considered an asset,
• Work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment,
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral,
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office - especially Word and Outlook,
• Detail oriented and consistent in quality of work,
• Organization and prioritizing skills, plus other duties as necessary.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary including benefits, along with our pleasant working environment.
Fax your résumé, in confidence, to: Ms. K. Stroscher at 416.860.0003 or send a pdf or Word document to email@example.com
Please include 'Legal Assistant - Web Ad (plus desired city name)' in the subject line.