STILL GROWING - WINTER 2015
We are accepting résumés for talented Legal Assistants for offices noted below.
Ottawa Office - Senior Litigation Legal Assistant with 5+ years experience - Bilingual - Must be fluent in French and English.
Toronto Office - Junior and Intermediate Litigation Legal Assistants
You will be responsible for a number of daily responsibilities, including:
• Drafting correspondence and other legal documents as required
• Keep an up-to-date filing system
• Schedule discoveries, mediations, and other important dates
• Managing calendar appointments
• Digital dictation
• Prepare files to be sent to storage for closing
• Communicate with opposing counsel, clients and the court
• Maintain the utmost professionalism when speaking to clients and opposing counsel
• Other duties as requested
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Noted required years experience working in a law firm in a similar role
• Bilingual is a definite asset (Ottawa Position)
• Must have post secondary education in a related field
• Priority will be given to those with insurance defence experience, although everyone is encouraged to apply
• Experience using Elite would be considered an asset
• Work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Detail oriented and consistent in quality of work
• Organization and prioritizing skills
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary including benefits, along with our pleasant working environment.
Fax your résumé, in confidence, to: Ms. K. Stroscher at 416.860.0003 or send a pdf or Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include 'Legal Assistant - Web Ad (plus location)' in the subject line.