Central West Ontario
McCAGUE BORLACK LLP
Our lawyers in the Kitchener office focus on all forms of insurance related litigation, serving the firm’s clientele from the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge core area throughout the region bounded by London, Brampton, Hamilton and Guelph, Ontario.
Regional Expansion Kitchener
McCague Borlack LLP opened its second regional office in the fall of 2013. The purpose of this office is to serve our clients’ insurance litigation and risk management needs throughout Central West Ontario. The intended area of coverage for the office is from Hamilton/Burlington to Guelph and from Mississauga to London, with the heavily populated Cities of Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge-Woodstock at its core. To facilitate this coverage, the office is located in the Sun Life Financial building in the heart of downtown Kitchener, Ontario, adjacent to the Regional Ontario Courts. Address, Directions & Map.
Kitchener Managing Partner
Dr. Brian Murphy was called to the Ontario Bar in 2002 after practicing medicine as a fully qualified medical doctor for fifteen years. Brian’s combined degrees in medicine and law provides him with the training, experience, and skill to effectively represent clients with complex severe or catastrophic personal injury claims involving motor vehicles, occupier’s liability, liquor liability and professional liability. Brian and his family live in nearby Guelph, Ontario, and he enjoys serving his extensive clientele throughout central west Ontario.
Read Brian's full bio.
Brian has highly qualified and experienced lawyers practicing with him in the Kitchener office providing litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and risk management services to a broad range of clients throughout the area:
- Mark MacDonald is a senior insurance litigator having been called to the Ontario Bar in 1991. With his prior training and experience as inhouse counsel for a large life and disability insurer, Mark focuses on all forms of personal injury, professional liability, construction law, coverage, life and disability insurance and subrogation.
Read Mark's full bio.
- Michael Kennedy was called to the Bar in Ontario in 2009 and practices exclusively in insurance litigation with an emphasis on accident benefits, automobile fraud, personal injury, products liability and transportation law including all forms of tort defence litigation.
Read Michael's full bio.
- Katie McBride, a 2009 year of call, has extensive experience in litigation defence, including representing various insurers in a wide variety of area. She operates out of both the Toronto and Waterloo region.
Read Katie's full bio.
- Peter Vlaar joined the Kitchener team as its first articling student after obtaining his degree from Southampton Law School in England. Year of call is 2015 and his practice includes a broad range of civil litigation.
Read Peter's full bio.
- Shene Harris, a 2016 year of call, started with the firm as an articling student. Now practicing civil litigation with an emphasis on insurance litigation out of our Kitchener-Waterloo Office, Shene is a strong supporter of local business development and art.
Read Shene's full bio.
In summary, our team of lawyers in the Kitchener office focus on all forms of insurance related litigation, serving the firm’s clientele from the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge core area throughout the region bounded by London, Brampton, Hamilton and Guelph, Ontario.