High Quality Service
McCAGUE BORLACK LLP
Our aim is to hire the most talented people with the right balance of dedication, commitment and interpersonal skills to ensure they are a good fit. Are you a fit?
Follow us on twitter for new positions as they are posted.
Key Mandate: This position involves diplomatic interaction by telephone and email with clients to solicit payment on overdue accounts. The Collector is expected to follow established procedures for collecting accounts.
- calling and emailing clients,
- using ARC to create and run reports,
- provide copies of invoices, documentation, and necessary back up as requested,
- preparing account statements,
- troubleshoot any accounting disputes, billing queries or misapplied funds in order to facilitate swift resolution of issues,
- document and maintain accurate records of all client collection activity in the ARC software system,
- report collection issues to lawyers and management, and
- ensure the strictest confidentiality and privacy of financial transactions as they relate to clients.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- law firm experience in a similar position,
- ARC software experience (esp. ARC2G) a definite asset,
- a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions,
- moderate account reconciliation / troubleshooting skills, along with intermediate excel experience,
- strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills,
- effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy,
- time management skills - can multi-task as well as prioritize what accounts require attention first,
- effective communication skills - verbal and written (an understanding of the motto 'collect the account but keep the client').
To apply, fax your résumé, in confidence, to: Ms. K. Stroscher at 416.860.0003 or send a pdf or Word document to jobs. Please list the position you are applying for in the subject line.