- Cyber Liability by Catherine A. Korte and Laurie Murphy, First Presented at OIAA Provincial Conference, February 09, 2015
- Ontario Court of Appeal releases decision in expert evidence case by Laurie Murphy, MB Newsletter, January 29, 2015
- Cyber and Privacy Risks: Class Action Exposurers by Howard Borlack and Laurie Murphy, First presented at an MB Client Seminar, September 24, 2014
- Professional Liability and the Financial Advisor by Howard Borlack and Laurie Murphy, Ontario Bar Association, February 16, 2010
- Product Liability in Canada 2010 by Laurie Murphy, December 31, 2009
- E-Discovery: Overview and Latest Developments in Ontario and Canada by Howard Borlack and Laurie Murphy, Harmonie & CLC Seminar, August 31, 2007
A Focus on Research and Writing, and Knowledge Management
Laurie devotes a considerable part of her practice to conducting legal research and analysis, and preparing legal opinions and legal arguments, including facta, in matters involving complex issues in the firm’s various practice areas for the firm’s lawyers and its clients. Laurie has appeared at all levels of courts in Ontario and at mediations.
Laurie regularly monitors case law and legislative amendments and provides updates to lawyers and clients on current developments and emerging issues, prepares papers for seminars, both internally for clients and externally for professional associations, and is a member of the firm’s knowledge management committee responsible for the collection, organization and management of precedents, research memoranda and other legal information resources.