- Do Parents Know Best? An Update on the Enforceability of Waivers Executed on Behalf of Infants by Peter Vlaar, David J. Olevson and Sabrina Lucibello, First published with Canadian Underwriters Magazine , February 10, 2017
- Driving Outside of the Lines: Regulatory System v. Autonomous Vehicles by Peter Vlaar, January 30, 2017
- Mandatory Training for Commercial Truckers a Welcome Change by Peter Vlaar, MB Transportation Newsletter, June 29, 2016
- Lights, camera, financial transaction: Auditor liability after the Livent decision by Ben Carino and Peter Vlaar, MB Client Newsletter, June 10, 2016
- An Update on Uber and Autonomous Vehicles by Michael Blinick and Peter Vlaar, First presented at MB's Transportation Law Seminar, April 07, 2016
A Focus on Insurance Law
Peter practices a broad range of civil litigation based out of our Kitchener-Waterloo office.
Joining the firm as the first articling student in the firm’s Kitchener-Waterloo office, Peter had the opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of files. From managing his own small claims matters to supporting senior counsel on multi-million dollar subrogation files Peter has gained experience in tribunals and the Superior Court of Justice. Returning to the firm as an associate, Peter has developed the skills necessary to meet the needs of our local and national clients in creative and effective ways.
Throughout his undergraduate studies Peter worked as program director at a children’s summer camp where he honed his skills in public speaking and organization. While in law school Peter was selected as an accredited lobbyist to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Switzerland where he strategically lobbied delegates on human rights and social justice issues. Applying these skills to his practice Peter has developed into an articulate speaker with a proven ability to communicate effectively and efficiently to his clients.
Outside of the office, Peter enjoys spending time with family, playing squash at the local racquet club, running, skiing, and frequenting Kitchener’s farmers’ market.